RWA renders specialized advice on Industrial Property in order to protect trademarks, inventions, trade names and in general, all kind of industrial property right in Mexico. Our commitment is to provide our clients with accurate and cost-effective legal advice on the existing legal procedures to obtain the protection of rights on trademarks, patents, utility models, industrial designs, commercial names and slogans, further considering the tax, civil, and criminal aspects for an integral service. Likewise, we handle the negotiation and preparation of license agreements, transfer of rights, planning, research, and development of protective strategies including representation in civil, criminal, or administrative procedures involving unfair competition practice, illegal exploitation of patents or illegal use of trademarks. In connection with copyrights, we carry out preparation and filing for the registration of computer programs, audio-visual, radio, television, musical, literary, photographic and architectural works, scientific books, technical, pedagogical and didactic works, lithographic works, pictorial, drawings, engravings and the like, including the negotiation of license agreements which imply exploitation of such works, and any protective or registration procedure before the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (Instituto Mexicano de la Propiedad Industrial). Specifically, RWA offers in this area the following services:
- Registration of trademarks, trade names, slogans, patents and PCT National Phase Applications in Mexico before the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI).
- Preparing, filing, maintaining, prosecuting, and enforcing all types of intellectual property rights;
- Protection of computer hardware, software programs, and confidential information;
- Guidance in the structuring of technology transfers, technical assistance, and payment of royalties;
- Filing, defense and appeal in all types of intellectual property proceedings before administrative authorities, including civil and criminal actions;
- The seeking and obtaining of injunctive relief, including temporary mandates, restraining orders, and permanent injunctions;
- Guidance and assistance in the development of strategies to protect intellectual property rights and operations in Mexico; and
- Advice on procedures before the Mexican Institute of Intellectual Property and other authorities to initiate seizure and confiscation processes to prevent the sale and distribution of counterfeit merchandise.