Labor & Employment Law Advice for companies in Mexico
People are essential to any business in Mexico. When it comes to employing them, however, few things are ever simple. Their legal rights, personal needs and cultural expectations present both opportunities and risks. The labor and employment laws and regulations governing relationships between employers and employees are complex, confusing and sometimes contradictory. If you don’t know your rights – or respect theirs – your productivity, profitability and reputation can all suffer.
At Resendiz Wong Abogados, we understand that business success requires legally sound, strategically savvy labor and employment policies and practices. Our firm is focused on helping employers to comply with the labor and employment law, prevent unwanted issues with employees and labor authorities and and continuously adapt to the realities of an intensely competitive global economy as per the laws and regulations effective and governing the labor and employment arena in Mexico. Within the Labor & Employment practice, our firm offers the following services:
- Drafting of Employment Agreements and related documentation.- Our firm designs and drafts the employment agreements and retaining documentation necessary to protect the interest of employers under the light of the Mexican labor laws and regulations.
- Confidentiality & Trade Secret Protection – Our firm drafts non-competition agreements and nondisclosure agreements, train employees on policies concerning confidentiality, and conduct audits on trade secret protection issues.
- Workplace issues and policies – We help implement, monitor and enforce policies dealing with sexual harassment, discrimination, drug and alcohol testing, employee privacy and family and medical leave.
- Terminations and layoffs – We provide counsel on separation agreements, as well as the legal and regulatory notice requirements associated with reductions in force and plant closings.
- Employment-related litigation – We defend or prosecute claims of wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment and protection of intellectual property.
- Pensions & Retirement law – We render counseling to sponsoring employers, trustees and plan administrators involved in running occupational pension plans on all aspects of legislative, regulatory and fiscal requirements.
- Transactions/Expats- We help manage the employment effects of major corporate restructuring and transactions and provide legal advice on employment and human capital issues that occur in major merger and acquisition activities, as well as post-acquisition integrations. Our firm also helps manage immigration issues related to visas and work permits that come with hiring foreign employees. We clarify and support compliance with labor and tax implications of cross-border movement of executive level employees.
- Labor relations and trade unions – We help with wage and hour issues, unionizing activities, collective bargaining, interpretation of work rules, grievances and industrial disputes.